Open House: In3DC — Microsoft 2019 Workshops on STEM
Repost from LinkedIn
Topics Cover From Microsoft:
- Coding with Minecraft and OhBots
- Why Coding Matters
- ManCode: A one day forum on STEM careers for young males of color
Our Main Initiatives for 2019
Grow & Glow
- The Grow & Glow series will be an integrated program highlighting women and targeting women. From leadership panels to entrepreneurship seminars and networking events will be held bi-weekly starting in January 2019.
- As healthy living for working individuals is an important factor, the FitIn3 program has been developed by In3 to host fitness workouts by adding value to participants in terms of providing substantive information about the latest technologies (especially developed my DC startups and businesses) available in the health and wellness sector. The programs will bring together athletes, fitness experts, health practitioners, wellness advisors and other experts in the field to share, instruct and facilitate sessions.
The Inclusive Innovation Lab (IIL)
- The Innovation lab is for entrepreneurs who seek to share their ideas and have their business incubated at In3 where they will receive the technology support, utilize the facility in terms of open desk and a one-on-one consulting once a month with Aaron Saunders and other executive team members when needed. The Innovation lab program would also provide mentorship matching for the entrepreneur and facilitate partnership as well as collaboration to benefit the entrepreneur to bring the product to market once it is ready for consumption.
The Future is Written in Code (FiWiC)
Thru Clearly Innovative Inc Education and Inclusive Innovation Incubator (IN3) we try and stay true to our initial motivation for starting down this path. It is about a “consistent commitment” to the community we serve, not a weekend event or an annual event; we are part of the community and we want the community to see that our actions match our words, to know we are here for the long run.
Yesterday, we discussed programming for kids and adults which would provide pathways to the innovation economy either as an employee, small business owner or entrepreneur. For more information on these programs you can subscribe to receive our newsletter or follow us on social media for additional updates.
Thanks to the team from the local NSBEJr chapter and bdpatoday Washington for coming thru and show support for our initiatives
For more information on Inclusive Innovation Incubator here is our latest newsletter